Crowne Plaza Le Palace, Brussels, Belgium
Thursday, 30 May 2013
Prof. Dr. Clemens von Schacky, Head of Cardiology Unit at the University of Munich, Munich will present on "Role of Omega-3 and Omega-6 in Health - Importance of Ratio and Bioavailability"
The Global Omega-3 Summit 2013 is the follow-up of the successful policy summits of 2011 and 2012, where six consensus statements were signed and confirmed by all participants.
The Omega- Summit 2013 will build on these consensus statements and look at four themes:
- Importance of Bioavailability and Omega-3/Omega-6 ratio for health
- Purity, quality management, and contaminant control
- General availability and novel sources
- How to influence policy to adopt the recommendations and how to grow consumer awareness
We welcome all stakeholders of the food, food ingredient, and supplement industry, as well as scientists and researchers, and legislators and industry associations to join in the debates at the Omega-3 Summit 2013.
Order PDF Copies of Presentations and Consensus Statements of Omega-Summit 2011 or 2012: press Order handouts Omega-3 Summit 2011/2012
Read the Press about the Omega-3 Summit 2011, health nutrition and sustainable supply, and related articles:
- AOCS Inform May 2011: Global Omega-3 Summit: a Kyoto-type approach
- NutraIngredients USA: Refining the omega-3 ‘policy gap’ that feeds global deficiencies
- Natural Products Insider: Omega-3 Summit Releases Consensus Statement
- Seafood.net: Senators press FDA to update guidance on seafood for pregnant women to reflect benefits
- Le Journal du Médecin: Carence en oméga-3: la malnutrition du 21e siècle
- AOCS Inform Jul-Aug 2011: Lipids & Brain 2: a symposium on
lipids and brain health